Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ... I needed some advice on home automation controls .. I'm making a home theater room in the basement of my new house, and I wanted to add automation stuff to it ... Like I want to control the lights, the media source being played, the volumes, the air conditioning (if possible), etc ... I don't really know what kind of equipment goes into such stuff .. And this should be controllable from phones and tables, etc ..

I went to a home theater company recently that had an awesome home theater showroom, and that room featured these controls .. The guy had a iPad with him that controlled all these things on the fly .. He said he can install it all for me, for about $2500, but I would like to take on this project myself, and so I need advice on where to start ..

1) What is the main equipment for such an automation system ?
2) Do the lights in the room have to be special in any way, or can the automation system work with all kinds of lights ?
3) What would be the cost for such a system ?

Please note that this is the most relevant forum section I could find, but please do move this thread if a more suitable section is available else :)

·
Premium Member
5,817 Posts
You could try Charmed Quark Software also. I have designed templates for home automation and av control in the past for when I had it running (haven't had the time to get it going for my new home yet).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts