Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys new to the forum. I hope to get some advice on the situation I got myself in.

Did a renovation on a condo unit. Ran rg6 to media cabinet(built in) for cable Stb. Behind wall mount TV I have one HDMI and one Component cable from the media cabinent. Have a Yamaha 663 receiver, to connect my DVD,and a calbe box.

Here's the problem, After the renovation I found out that Direct TV does not offer cable boxes to the units. Its a bulk account that has a main panel in the basement and goes to 24 units from there leaving you rg6 cable to go behind your tv.

Not knowing this I have no RG6 behind the tv its in the media cabinet.. Is there any way to go from RG6 to Hdmi so I can plug it into the receiver. Is it possible to send the cable thru a VCR then to the receiver, Is getting a TIVO box an option.. At Best Buy they sell Direct Tv cable boxes but you need an account number to activate it that the management company refuses to do for me.....

Thank you in advance for any suggestions, JP

·
Super Moderator
9,252 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, jaypee!

I've never heard of anything from Direct TV that didn't involve a local Direct TV receiver for each television, but I'll take your word for it.

It sounds like you're flat out of luck if have to have an RG-6 going directly to the TV. However, since you already have cabling in place between the media center and the TV, it would be easy to pull one cable back out, tie on an RG-6- then pull both back in. But you'll also have to pull additional cables for audio to go from the TV back to the home theater A/V receiver. Otherwise you still get no TV audio into your system.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Wayne,

Yeah pulling the RG6 thru would be tough, went up and down and it was very tight... Im going to look into a TIVO for Satellite... Hope that will work but it is not cheap.....

Regards,
JP

1 - 3 of 3 Posts