Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I think this explains it about as best you can get. REL is a "musical sub" it is not good for anything but that. Even the T-9 only goes down to 28Hz and thats already down -6db according to the specification sheet.
Yes, but it still sounds very, very good (on movies) to this beginner who's trying to break out of the audiophile mold. I think it's a little harsh to say it's not good for movies at all. Thanks for raining on my parade, pal. :crying:

If you use them for home theater be warned that are missing out on alot of the real impact of the soundtrack.
When I thought I had finished upgrading, I knew it was too good to be true. What you're saying makes sense, and you now have my attention. But where do I start? I've been eyeballing the DIY subwoofer thread, but that seems really intimidating. Can't hijack the thread here, so think I need to start my own or do some more research.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
There are lots of subs that dig down to at least 20Hz before rolling off. Of course budget is a big part of it but you can get into this range for under $450 without DIY

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Start a post over there and I will help you find something :T

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thanks Tony. As you mentioned there are subs at $500 price that go to 20 hz and there are subs that go to only 32 hz and cost $1000 or more. It is not practical to set up various subs with my system to test which one sounds the best as each set up may take long time even with measurement equipment. I will take it up again when i have a month or more to test a few subs.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts