Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
If you have dual 2ohm then you can wire for 1ohm, 2ohm, 4ohm, or 8ohm with two speakers. If you use one set of binding posts and wire them like the picture you will end up with 4ohm load.

Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 · (Edited)
Thanks chrapladm,

I think i will wire them for 8Ohm bridged or 40ohm each on each channel.

If i use just one set of bindingpost it makes sense i have 4ohm but only half the power, 600watt will be 300watt and using one coil changes all the ts parameters.

I should have ordered the D4's.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Very nice. Reminds me of my white subs. :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
The four are up and running.
I am very surprised by the sound already and this is without equalisation just the crossover of the preamp.

Some equalisation is defintly necessary, i think the subs are rolling of around 30Hz.
Now, some questions regarding the minidsp balanced i ordered:

-should i use a linkwitz transform, if so, what are the parameters?
-or should i beef up the lower frequencies (can same result be achieved as with LT) ?
-are there other settings i shoud apply?

I am completly new to minidsp, equalisation and all related, so all advice is welcom!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Are the subs in the only place they can be? Can you move them around?

I would move them around and see which is the best place for placement. Then just EQ for your taste. LT is an option but can be very taxing on the amplifier. So I would just try the EQ after placement then go from there.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Ok, thanks, subs are on the best place, two on midle of front wall and two in middle of backwall, this gives best results. I gues i just wait for the mini dsp and equalise for the missing bottom end.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
The first thing to do would be check the dip switches on the back of the EP2500's and make sure you don't have the 30 hz HPF engaged.
You were right! I rechecked and there were still two channels limited to 50Hz!

I am so happy with the final result of these four subs. Tight and punchy bass for music, low end seems ok now for movies aswell.

Oh and the two ep2500 with fan mod are just doing fine wth a four ohm load per channel.

Chapradm, thanks for the great help and info.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.