Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a dual sealed enclosure box for 2 10" subwoofers with the below specs I was wondering if I could get some help on internal dimensions for a sealed enclosure. Not only would I like help with the enclosure but I would like to know how you derived those numbers. I am obviously new and am trying to learn as much as possible and not freeload on people. I appreciate your help and any suggestions you might have.

VC Impedance: 4 ohm + 4 ohm
Test Impedance: 1.56 ohms
Fs: 32 Hz
SD: 330.06 sqCM
Vas: 39 Ltr
Cms: 240 µM/N
Mms: 96.1 g
BL™: 7.44
Qms: 6.18
Qes: 0.553
Qts: 0.507
No: 0.23%
Spl: 86 dB
Xmax: 9.5 mm

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so here is what I have come up with. obviously I can read a graph but what exactly am I looking for in a HT subwoofer. It appears the vented is going to give me louder volumes at lower frequencys but is that an advantage or disadvantage in a HT environment. What are you alls thoughts on which I should build.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
To learn the whys and wherefores of speaker design, I recommend Ray Alden's "Speakerbuilding 201." It may start a little basic for you, defining the parameters you listed, and how to use them, but it goes into cabinet design in a sensible way, and shows why cabinet volumes and relative dimensions are important.
You can learn a lot of this stuff on the forums, but the book presents it in a logical and organized way, so you're not piecing it together to reinvent the wheel.
G'luck,
Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I have come up with a box that is ID 13x35x21 which gave me 5.6 ft3 box with 2 ports 4in diam 14.88in long ports. Does this sound right at all? Just trying to figure out this program. Any gripes or ocomplaints on this idea?

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Hi there,

What is the make of the 10" driver you have given the parameters for? It will help when finding other options budget wise.

cheers

Graham

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having second thoughts on the 2 10's sealed idea. Any ideas on using a single JLAudio 10w6v2. I have one in my truck and am thinking about taking it out and might as well use it somewhere. I have done the winisid on it and it looks like a 54.9 L tuned to 24.4 Hz Ported. Does this sound like it would work pretty good. Should I be changing the tuning frequency or does the program automatically pick the best tuning frequency for the subwoofer specs I entered?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts