Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so i spent about a month setting up what i have currently, and overall i'm satisfied, but i'm already curious about a few things. Let me describe my setup.

I have my PC Connected to an equalizer, connected to a stereo receiver with no sub-out. The equalizer has multiple outputs, so- i have the equalizer going to a Sampson s-convert, then dual XLR cables going to a behringer dcx2496, and a single XLR going out to the input of a Behringer epx2000.

the (both) advantage and disadvantage of this setup is: i have independent control of the subwoofer from the rest of my speakers.

there are a few things i am wondering about

a) should i use a line-out converter on my speaker B outputs to feed into the sampson s-convert? my receiver is only 75wpc- I think most LOC can handle this with ease.

b) would it affect the sound quality? i'm sure my receiver and my sound card color the signals quite a bit differently.

c) should i drop this setup and go for the rythmik f12se? i currently have a dayton hss315hf-4 being hit with 650watts from the behringer (maybe a bit too much)

i would appreciate if you could help me answer any of those questions - the other thread i made got 0 responses so maybe i am not being very clear, i'll answer any questions you have. thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the price of a line out converter I would try it and see how it sounds and then take it from there.
thanks for the reply, mike! i will try that indeed, i'm starting to question whether or not it is a good idea to pair the EPX2000 with the Dayton driver.. I think I am overpowering it.

part number 295-464 on PE.

the specs say 400watts RMS / 700 max.

would it be better to run 2 of these drivers?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just turn it down.

You definitely have enough power for two. Is the sub, sealed, ported, how big and what tuning frequency?
it's sealed 1.95cu ft.

when you say turn it down - lol this is where it gets tricky. should i turn the s-convert down? should i use the dcx2496 and turn it down? should i adjust the gain knob on the epx2000 and turn it down? i have no actual volume control for the sub except for those 3 things..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts