Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well lets try this again, i just typed a whole page and had links to pics of my tv and it said i couldnt post it cause i'm new...so i lost the whole page i typed.

Here we go: I have a Panasonic PT53WX42F 53" PROJECTION TV HD made in 2002. I read alot of forums the past week and ended up ordering 2 converg. ic stk's off electronix. I received and installed them just fine. What my problem orginally was i could not get the red to go left or right. So after installing the ic's i realized there was a brown resistor. Today i went and bought the only 2 resistors in this town came home and installed one to replace the brown one. It gave me left and right on my red. Now the red is bowed and i couldnt get the green to move right far enough to be centered...looked again and had another discolored resistor. Changed it and the green moved enough to the right.

The red is still kind of bowed and i can't get it to go far enough left. I'm guessing this is a resistor problem or i missed a prong on the ic. That's why i need your help.

I was thinking about ordering 2 more ic's and 20 resistors off of acme and replace everything again but that's a waste of 40 dollars that i dont have if its something i can fix. There are a few more resistors that are lightly discolored but give soild readings.

I will try to post pictures, in the overview picture you can see that first middle one is brown, i changed that and it let the red go right and left. the 2nd stk the 2 that go sideways in front of it, i changed the 1st one and the green let me move more to the right.

Nevermind i cant figure out how to put my pictures on here.

Here are the parts i'm thinking about ordering. Let me know if this is wise to spend more money or if you believe i can fix it with what i already have.

STK392-110 convergence Ics
2.2 ohm 2 watt flameproof resistors

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Read the first ten posts of the convergence thread below very carefully.

I cannot tell you what is wrong with your set. I can give you the general information and make general recommendations, but I am not there to troubleshoot nor to know what you may have missed. Test the resistors carefully, use good parts, and understand the adjustments available on your set. Ordering from some place like Electronix is introducing a variable that can seriously complicate a repair. Not thoroughly testing the resistors while the chips are out and the yokes disconnected can result in damaging a new chip. There are many possibilities. I suggest you start from scratch, verify your work very carefully, and work with known reliable suppliers.

I suggest you be patient when asking for help, as well, and read the posting guidelines and rules carefully. It is very clear about when you can post images and links. There are post padding threads if you need to get your post count up.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/for.../5600-crt-based-rptv-convergence-repairs.html

Again, read the first ten posts above very carefully.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks for the reply. I went ahead and messed with it after i posted that. Got into a white screen on channel 124 and adjusted there. It lined everything up. I'm guessing i needed to be into a certin menu and adjust from there on...So far so good, looks great!

I didn't know about the post padding thing. I usually try not to flood threads with useless info. I understand about the pictures though.

Once again, thank you. Hopefully i will not need to repair anything else on this tv. My father-in-laws friend has a 57 with the same problem we may go pick up. Its a little bigger then the 53 we have now. I will try to fix that one as well.

Thanks again, i do appricate you taking the time to respond.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts