Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! :whistling:

I recently bought a TC Sounds LMS-R 15 inch subwoofer from Parts Express, and before I go ahead planning the box design and other miscellaneous things, I thought I would come here to ask the experts on what I should do.
I'm planning to tune my box from anywhere around 15-25 hz (Preferably on the lower end) as I am going to be using this sub in my home theater setup.
The amp I was looking to use for this was the Dayton Audio SPA1000 plate amplifier from Parts Express, as it provides adequate power in a compact space, which I really need as I don't have too much room to spare.

So could anyone help me please?

·
1,662 Posts
Hi, welcome to HTS. Not sure exactly what you are asking. That amp should work fine. You mention size constraints, but then say desire 15hz tuning. That is conflicting. Lower tuning = larger box.
Perhaps decide what size box you can live with and work from there? Keep in mind also that response drops sharply below tuning, while sealed (smaller enclosure) does not, though you lose a bit of efficiency above the tuning frequency. More info, like room size, max box size, desired SPL, etc, etc, etc....always helpful when it comes to informed answers.

cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts