Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a re xxx 15" sub. Want to use it as a ht sub. For music and movies. I dont have a computer right now so lost all my programs i used to use. MIKE P. helped out a lot on my last build. I want either sealed or ported. Not sure which would work best but pretty sure vented. Would like to use multiple 4" flared ports with dimples. Want to see how much better they are compared to the normal flared ports. Heres a pic with the xxx next to one of my 15's im building for the car.
Thank you as always for all your help.
15" RE XXX
dual 2 ohm
Displacement .27 ft^3
Qes .58
Qms 3.62
Qts .501
Fs 19.10 hz
Vas 207 liters
Xmax 54 mm
Efficiency 85.81 dB SPL
Sd 810 cm^2
Rms 2000
Bl 18.16
Mounting depth 13.5"

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again for your help. Your always saving me. Lol. That looks good. My last setup was the 15" re se with the (2) 15" maelstrom PR's you helped me with. That turned out great. So i might try sealed this time. That box was pretty big if i go ported will be even bigger. Lol. I listen to a lot of music so i think sealed will sound nice. Thanks again. Ill post a sealed thread when its built.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
What are your mains?

I only ask because others have used the big Xmax XXX drivers and said that they lack midbass compared to other huge Xmax subwoofers. Unless you A/B compare them you will never notice. And if you have capable mains that can do 60hz and above you should be fine. All in all I am sure you will love these in sealed. Just curious was all.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I will have to keep an eye out for your build.

The XXX are beastly drivers, you should have some fun.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Someday when I get a job I need one !!! :) epic looking sub
this thing has more output then my SI sub wow!
But for the price you could have more spl going with the SI. That being said these XXX are just beastly looking drivers. :R

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
But for the price you could have more spl going with the SI. That being said these XXX are just beastly looking drivers. :R
It is sort of 2 different tools comparing the SI's with the XXX. I have 4 of the SI 18's and they are great for the price and kill for SPL but my single XXX 18 resonates things in my house that I have never heard resonate with any other sub including the LMS Ultra. The XXX's main disadvantage is in upper bass, but for low bass it is the king.
I actually tested my XXX 18 in a 9cuft enclosure I had for a pro sub tuned to 25hz out of curiosity. Of coarse this is not even close to the ideal scenario for the XXX but I did it anyway :dontknow: The output with a HPF right around 20hz was absurd. I did not measure but it sounded louder than the 4 Dayton RS18's and 2 SI 18's I had in the room at that time, just did not go as low which is too be expected considering the enclosure and HPF.
After that test I really wish I had the space for a IB using the XXX, it gave me a glimpse of what could be :crying:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got a really good deal on the sub only paid $300 for it. Im currently looking for another one so I can have one in my HT and one in my car. I have 2 sets of RE XXX 6.5 comps in my car now and have a AQ3500 for the sub and that produces 4300 watts rms at 1ohm. From everything I have read these subs love the lower frequencies but are not that good with upper hz. Im going sealed to keep the footprint a bit smaller than vented lol. Thinking of a finish but will be using a 3/4" thick acrylic window to see the monster basket n motor. Right now im thinking Gloss Piano black with stainless accents.. want to keep it elegant looking. any suggestions on a unique finish? Thank you for your support. hope it turns out well. lol

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Deal is a deal and I look forward to your build.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts