Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like some help with selecting the proper screen paint. This will be in my bedroom and used as a TV replacement

1) Epson 2030 with 2000 lumens for color and white, up to 15,000 contrast ratio
2) 94" screen with 8'8'' throw and 9' seating distance
3) Brown walls, white ceilings

any help can will be appreciated

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I would go with a dark neutral gray, something in the N7ish range would be good. The reasoning behind it is eye fatigue. The 2030 will be uber bright on a 94" screen at that throw and you'll need something that will help alleviate eye fatigue.

Glidden Master Palette - Dover Grey (lighter) or Granite Gray (darker)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would go with a dark neutral gray, something in the N7ish range would be good. The reasoning behind it is eye fatigue. The 2030 will be uber bright on a 94" screen at that throw and you'll need something that will help alleviate eye fatigue.

Glidden Master Palette - Dover Grey (lighter) or Granite Gray (darker)
I'm also looking at an epson 2030 or an epson 8350 and will be building my own screen. I was looking at projector centrals article and they recommended Sherman Williams ProClassic Smooth Enamel Satin Finish.

If my screen size is going to be 130-150" should I look at Gray or White paint? I'll be throwing about 13 feet is my guess. My room has a couple of windows on the side that I am putting black out blinds on. I have light tan carpet. Do you still recommend Gray or should i stick with white?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
A throw distance of 13ft probably won't get you anything larger than a 120" screen. Is that where your seating position will be as well? 150" is bigger than I would go at that distance from the screen.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A throw distance of 13ft probably won't get you anything larger than a 120" screen. Is that where your seating position will be as well? 150" is bigger than I would go at that distance from the screen.
i can move the projector back further, i was guestimating I can go as far back as needed. Seating can go back as far as I need as well up to like 30ft. I was thinking 130" is about what I would end up going with. I was using the 150 as and option just in case i decide i like the bigger screen size. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts