Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
so I should eq flat and play 31hz and a 80hz signwave so they sound the same @ 115db to get the house curve target. Then re-eq from scratch with the house curve applyed. Because I would probably not need to eq a aggressivly in the higher hz range?

If the goal is 115db should my house curve be approx 35db (115 - 80 = 35). If of couse you watch movies @ 80db

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
but is that correct aprox xover slope?

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
can I use REQ wizard in conjunction with the SMS-1?

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm getting closer. I set a straighter line between 31 and 80, focusing on making sure it starts sloping @ 32 dropping 10-12db by the time it gets to 80hz. And I eliminated the 3db gain @ 17hz (I was getting bottoming in certain movies), so I decided to leave all the ports open (20hz tune) setting the subsonic to 18hz with a 18db slope. It seems to be much cleaner sound, not quite as much impact but much smoother tighter bass. The problem wasn't extreme action movies (with so much going on its hard to till that the bass seemed a little muddy). But when I threw in Wanted or the new X Files it was too much. So I'm getting closer.......I think :>)

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
hey, are you guys running audyssey first (no eqing) and then tweeking when its done? Or are you eqing and then running audyssey?

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I am finding that I like to start my house curve around 25hz and slope it a little steeper 15-18db lower @ 80hz. Is this uncommon? I don't wan't to be missing anything but the atmospheric type bass is a bit too much sometimes, on the other hand I don't want give up the feel of the copter-gunshot-explosion ect. So is the problem more when they make the movie it isn't designed for feel (seems like the frequencies I like in the copter scene are the same ones they use in the....I can't believe you just said that scene). In the copter scene its awesome in the later its annoying. So I started going lower and steeper with the xover point but maybe I should leave it at 32hz and 12db slope and turn down the volume about 10db or something. Maybe I still don't have something right? I am getting just over 100db at 16-22hz ish, and that seem ok. Any suggestions? One last thing I am running all 4 cs ultras on 1 ep2500 is that enough power? I actually have two of them should I be using both of them? thanks......rich

· Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The 12" PCU comes with a 550w bash plate amp, so I figured 500-700 watts of dj power amp would be plenty. I checked the svs site but couldn't find an actual power rating for them. In bridged mode the ep2500 puts out 2400w so each sub should be getting aprox 600w assuming the behringer rating isn't sugar coated. The nice part of running them all bridged off of 1 amp is that I don't have to worry about 2 or more volume levels. But I certainly don't want to under power them either.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.