Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

This is my first post on this great forum, but I have been a passive member here for a few years.

I have just ordered a pair of Exodus Audio Tempest drivers for my first ever real DIY project.

My theater will have 2 rows of seats, the second row is going to be elevatet around 40 cm from the floor. My 2
diy subs will be located in the "box" elevating the second row of seats, laying on its back facing up, directly under the seats. The enclosure will be 60 cm wide, 40 cm deep, and 110 cm high. This is the outside. I plan to
use 19mm MDF.

I want comments regarding this project, will it work? shall I go for vented or sealed design?

Thanks

Tore

sorry for my bad english

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to tell you about the rest of my system:

I have a Yamaha dsp z11 amp powering 3 Klipsch KL-650 in the front, with 2 RS-10 front presence.
on the side I have RS-62, and in the back RS-42 and RS-10 as presence.
I have 2 subwoofers, Elemental design A7s-650.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There will be 2 subs, one driver in each box.

Regarding power, I hope I can use one of the amps I already own, a Crown XTI 2000, a Crown XTI 4000 and I also have a Buttkicker amp. What do you recomend?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
If my internal volume calculation is correct (you need to verify this) then your options are 7 cu.ft. sealed or 6.5 cu.ft. ported. Porting would be a round port 6" diameter x 28" long. The amp would be the XTI 4000 which would provide 1200 watts to each sub into 4 ohms. Both the sealed and ported models need a Hi-Pass filter at 18 hz to prevent over excursion of the drivers.

Tempest.JPG

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
That needs to put into the model that MikeP did for you to determine the height and lenght and what gives the lowest port velocity. Also the port must be workable within your design too. Obviously you can put a bend in the slot port so if your box is say 50cm deep by 100cm high, you can used the top and back for your port.

cheers

Graham

1 - 20 of 24 Posts