Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just purchased this used Toshiba 52HMX95 DLP projection TV set and while I love the size, when viewing a bright scene, there is a slight fuzziness to the picture. Kind of like a glow to the white/bright area. Any input on how to fix this?

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Can you get a picture of it? Offhand I'd recommend adjusting your Black and White levels with either a calibration dvd or with the THX optimizer found on several movie dvds. Maybe your brightness is set too high.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Clean the optics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you get a picture of it? Offhand I'd recommend adjusting your Black and White levels with either a calibration dvd or with the THX optimizer found on several movie dvds. Maybe your brightness is set too high.
OK, I can't get a good picture of it. In general, the white haze seems to be bleed off of the white lettering. I've tried playing with the settings to no avail. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Clean the optics.
How exactly does one do this? THis set was in a bar before I purchased it and the outside did have a not of smoke grime on it. I'm guessing the same stuff is inside the set and on the screen. Advice on how to clean the screen/optics would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts