Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone i finally finish my home THEATER and hook up my new denon 4520 just wondering i am running 7.1 bi amp my front speaker how do i bi amp my centre channel ? There was no options on the amp please help.thank u in advance

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Hi everyone i finally finish my home THEATER and hook up my new denon 4520 just wondering i am running 7.1 bi amp my front speaker how do i bi amp my centre channel ? There was no options on the amp please help.thank u in advance
Thread says bi wire.

Post says bi amp.

What do you want to do?

Why?

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts

·
Registered
6,170 Posts
Hello and Welcome to HTS.

·
Banned
4,838 Posts
Welcome to the Shack.

If I understand you correctly, your Denon has 9.2 capability. In a 7.1 setup, the 2 unused channels can be used for bi-amping the L & R mains, which you have done. There is no built-in capability for bi-amping the center channel. You will need an external 2-channel amp.

Bi-amping is always far more effective with an electronic crossover - then it would all have to be done outside your Denon. Read up and/or start a thread in the Electronics Processing forum if you want to take it further.

·
Registered
578 Posts
... how do i bi amp my centre channel ?
Run a connection from your AVR's center-channel pre-output to a two-channel power amplifier - such as an Emotiva UPA-200 - and then run bi-amp connections from the amp to your CC speaker.

Or save yourself some money, run a speaker-level connection from the AVR to the CC speaker and just pretend it's bi-amped. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts