Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for some reason my computer does not like Winisd. I always get an application error from windows when I try to close it, its annoying. And I cant find Unibox on google :scratch:. Oh well, I was wondering if I could get some help with a box design for my sub. I would prefer sealed for ease of building (first time). Will be used 100% for music, and maybe some games for a 2 channel rig on my desktop. The sub is one thats been sitting for a while after having to remove from my vehicle, too deep for my truck. Would just like to make use of it, and as a plus this would be good experience for building a HT sub if my Outlaw ever gives up.

On size limitations I could go up to 24"W x 24"H x 20"D

Sub: Polk Signature Reference 10" Single 4 ohm voice coil 700W RMS.

This is all it lists on Polk's website for the parameters:

Resonant Freq. - 35 hz
Qms - 6.8
Qes - 0.5
Qts - 0.47
Vas - 22 litres
Cms - 125 micro meters
Bl - 15.5 Tesla meters
Sd - 346.36 sq. cm / 53.69 sq. in
Xmax - 16.25 mm
mms - 164g

I was thinking of getting either the O Audio 500 watt plate amp or a Dayton 1000 watt plate amp. And from what I've seen on the AVS amplifier measurements thread the Dayton would only be a slight increase in power over the O Audio amp.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You must be running Vista or Windows 7.

If you want to exit out of the program you can hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to bring up the task manager. Go to the programs tab and highlight WinISD and select "end task". It will still error but you will be given and end task now prompt and you can end it and it will close.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Im running Vista 64. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Its a neat program, except for that having to ctrl+alt+delete to close the thing.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
On size limitations I could go up to 24"W x 24"H x 20"D
That won't be necessary with this sub since the Vas is so small. In 1 cu.ft. net volume with the O-Audio amp's Hi-Pass filter set at 20 hz and the default boost that comes with it the cone excursion is acceptable.

Porting would get you more low end output but it would take Passive Radiators to tune the required 1.5 cu.ft box.

Polk.JPG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats about what Polk's site recommends, but I didnt know if it changed when moving to the house-environment (sealed that is). I got another question. How do I zoom out on my graph in Winisd? Like on your SPL graph you can see that whole curve. On mine I can only see the portion up to about 100 and most of the time its going fairly straight up. Just wondering what setting I need to change so I can see the whole thing? Thanks Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts