Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help iv run into a issue with my sub build

ive got two dual 4 ohm subs that i need to wire up for use in a isobaric clam shell config but need it to be at 2 ohm at the amp so i could deliver 775watts to the config ,but now in parallel they would equal a 1 ohm load which my crown xls 1502 cant do

so my two ? are if i wire them in series, then the speakers wired in parallel like in this 12volt Diagram

1. how do i make the second driver out of phase ( this i dont know )

2. the driver specs are this each is has two 4ohm voice coils each rated for 400watt (the xls 1502 4ohm out is 525 but i'd like the higher spl that i'd get with 775watt ) so could i do this

an wire the second sub out of phase an set the amp for parallel output (same sig to both) an put both drivers in the isobaric build an still have the desired iso effect (ya know the push - pull )

for ref this is an exsploded view of my design

·
Registered
2 Posts
i need help iv run into a issue with my sub build ive got two dual 4 ohm subs that i need to wire up for use in a isobaric clam shell config but need it to be at 2 ohm at the amp so i could deliver 775watts to the config ,but now in parallel they would equal a 1 ohm load which my crown xls 1502 cant do so my two ? are if i wire them in series, then the speakers wired in parallel like in this 12volt Diagram.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

1 - 2 of 2 Posts