Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Well to put my money where my mouth is (so to speak), I picked up a Denon AVR-4520CI from the retailer that shall not be named for the purposes of this thread. While only a few hours in, the unit is utterly brilliant and appears to be brand new down to having the features sticker on the faceplate. My 3008 is an A-Stock and has been perfect.

While I was honestly tortured between the 4520 and the Onkyo 5009/5010, the Preamp Only Mode, AirPlay, and also wanting to mix it up after owning 4 Onkyo AVR's in a row. I must say it was kinda fun to not go into mental autopilot while setting the 4520 up.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Wow Jack, going off the beaten path are we LOL It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Denon.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Wow Jack, going off the beaten path are we LOL It will be interesting to hear your thoughts on the Denon.
It is Sonnie's fault. After reading about him use a 4520 to drive a pair of Martin Logan Prodigies and being so pleased that he even listed his Emotiva XPA-1 Monoblocks, as a fellow ML owner I was intrigued.

While I am not yet brave enough to attempt the same. Or lazy as my amplifiers are all hooked up to the Speaker Cables leaving only RCA runs to the AVR. I must say it is kinda fun learning a new AVR as I have not owned a Denon since the AVR-4800.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum. I would like to share with you a similar problem that has come up in my Denon 1912 since yesterday. ( blue transparent squares and rectangles on the screen). I have tried below steps:
- changed my TV
-changed HDMI cable
-Reset the microprocessor ( few times)
-disconnect all inputs and speaker connections.
The problem continues even after trying out all the above. One more observation is that the Menus and setup wizard screens are also not appearing.
I would like to know how was the problem resolved in the previous cases posted here. I Would very much appreciate your vaulable inputs.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts