Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just purchased Energy 5.1 take classic speakers (5 speaker without subwoofer) from Sears. I need help with two questions:

1. Receiver - Based on reviews, I want to purchase a receiver from Pionner or Denon or Yamaha.
2. Subwoofer - I would prefer Polk or Energy EW-100 Subwoofer.

If I want to spend $550 on Receiver and subwoofer, can you help me in advising my options for Receiver and subwoofer. I have a medium size room with hard floor.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard the Shack!
With your budget I seriously think you need to consider Onkyo. This Onkyo 609 has far more power output and features than the competition. For a sub this Klipsch sub.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Need help with Receiver & Subwoofer for Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers
1. Receiver - Based on reviews, I want to purchase a receiver from Pionner or Denon or Yamaha.
2. Subwoofer - I would prefer Polk or Energy EW-100 Subwoofer
A Denon receiver from AC4L will easily drive them
http://www.accessories4less.com/mak...-5.1-Channel-A/V-Home-Theater-Receiver/1.html

I prefer this Cadence CSX12 subwoofer - it will hit hard
http://www.cadencesound.com/products/CSX12-Mark-II.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your responses! Seems Onkyo 609 receiver is a good option for reasonable price.

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Just sent you an email.

Anyhow, I would agree with looking at the units on A4L. Seems like a lot of folks have a lot of luck with them.

Todd

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello,
I just purchased Energy 5.0 take classic speakers (5 speaker without subwoofer) from Sears. I need help with two questions:

2. Subwoofer - I would prefer Polk or Energy EW-100 Subwoofer.

If I want to spend $550 on Receiver and subwoofer, can you help me in advising my options for Receiver and subwoofer. I have a medium size room with hard floor.

Thanks
ppssstttt.....You can get the EW-100 Sub from Sears for $149.99, just like you did with the Take 5 classics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts