Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So glad to see this 2-channel forum! My 1988 Adcom GCD-575 just died. Wham. No notice. Sent her to my repairman and he eventually sent her back, saying he no longer could access parts <sniff>> I have LOVED this cd player's tone and clarity...been more than happy with her for 30 years this Christmas... The Adcom pre-amp and Dynaco amp still work, altho I often used her with small Accoustic Research tube amps (this is where it becomes complicated...sometime I use Tannoy Ardens...17" dual-concentrics which are very sensitive and 10 amps is more than enough...I have shared custody with my Ex and we bounce them back and forth every 5 years..well, unless he is in a snit...but anyway...)....right now I am using Paradigm Monitor 11 towers with her. I thought to get a new cd player....but I'm wondering if I should make the new one the begining of a new setup as...well, let's face it...my stuff be old. Problem is , I don't have tons of money for this, so telling me about a $3500 cd player is useless. Schoolteachers dont make dat kinda money. Back in the past I have seen components by NAD and Denon and others but have not really kept up on what is good. What is a nice mid-range company in 2018? Any suggestions? I do play vinyl...a lot....and cd's.....
Susan in VA :wave:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Susan,
Sine you mentioned Denon and assuming you are open to buying used, I would highly recommend a Denon DVD-3910 or maybe even a DVD-5900. The 3910 can be had for 200-300 and the 5900 as little as 500. Both are a vast improvement over your old cd player and play all formats except bluray. There are other players from Sony and Marantz that are highly rated and available for reasonable $ used but you won't go wrong with Denon.
Go to hifishark.com and search for the model you are interested in. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts