Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
it is not uncommon for a manufacturer to use tighter tolerance parts on their "engineering samples" that get sent out for reviews, and then to reduce production cost after the unit is measured, they will cut tolerances to say 3% instead of 1%.
Granted but neither of us have any proof that this is the situation with the Sherwood. Right?

I'm going to have to look into the Denon, as i have experience with their AVRs and a few of the high end ones were good when i played with them. The ability to turn the amp section off = amazing! i would hope is a physical disconnect on the internals of the unit so that no power would just run through the sections for the sake of running through them, but doubt that it would be that way.
Someone posted the observation that the current draw does not change when the power amps are turned off. FWIW.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Granted but neither of us have any proof that this is the situation with the Sherwood. Right?

Someone posted the observation that the current draw does not change when the power amps are turned off. FWIW.
Hello,
That would be interesting if the current draw was unchanged when set to Preamp Only as even at idle it would only make sense there would be more of a current draw. Hopefully, there will be Bench Testing showing the differences if any.
Cheers,
JJ

21 - 22 of 22 Posts