Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm trying to decide between the two of these speakers. One of my current surrounds is shot and I'm torn between the 2 of these.

Vanns has a great deal on the RS-52's on cherry right now, but the L820's are about $200 cheaper at Amazon.

I've got a hodgepodge of speakers now (Infinity SM-155, Bose 301, Klipsch RC-62) so I don't think it will really make much difference shooting for tonal balance. I've never heard either one of these but I do currently have a RC-62 center that I'm fairly happy with.

I need opinions from those of you that have heard these speakers and what you think of them. The reviews I've read of both are good. I do like my RC-62, but I'm really tempted by the price of the L820's.

So lets hear your opinions, good or bad, about these choices.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Vanns has a great deal on the RS-52's on cherry right now, but the L820's are about $200 cheaper at Amazon.

I need opinions from those of you that have heard these speakers and what you think of them. The reviews I've read of both are good.
So ... RS-52 will be $499+ and JBL L820 $468+???

RS are dipole/bipole speakers ... so if you have two rows I think you'll benefit from them :yes:

But in the other hand, I read a lot of good things abot the JBL L820 here ... and you can get them for less than $300 at ebay :bigsmile: (they're listed as refurbished, but the people who got them at ebay said that they're brand new (read the link to the Official JBL owners thread I gave you, you can also post your question there ... and don't be surprised, there's just 137 pages to read if you want) :yes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So ... RS-52 will be $499+ and JBL L820 $468+???

RS are dipole/bipole speakers ... so if you have two rows I think you'll benefit from them :yes:

But in the other hand, I read a lot of good things abot the JBL L820 here ... and you can get them for less than $300 at ebay :bigsmile: (they're listed as refurbished, but the people who got them at ebay said that they're brand new (read the link to the Official JBL owners thread I gave you, you can also post your question there ... and don't be surprised, there's just 137 pages to read if you want) :yes:
Actually reading that thread right now (on page 104 so far) and decided to skip over here and see if I had any responses. :bigsmile:

Amazon has the L820's for a little over 3 bills shipped free, that's why it's so tempting. I really don't need a dipole speaker, I was just considering matching it to my RC-62.

I'm reading a lot of good things about the L820's. I've just never heard them so I don't know what to expect from them. I like my RC-62 but at times it seems to have a "hollow" sound if that makes any sense. Like the sound is coming through a large tube. Then again, my hearing is terrible so it might just be me. :ponder:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have you made a decision yet? I would be inclined to go JBL but the L series is getting hard to come by anymore.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I did get the L820's and I must say I'm very impressed with them. Excellent sound quality and they blend well with my existing speakers.

I'm seriously considering replacing my Klipsch RC-62 with the LC2 now I like them that much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts