Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noob here... Just purchased a new home with pre wired surround sound. Because of the layout we decided to place the television across the room from where the amp/receiver will sit. I would like a recommendation for a decent system that will allow me to transmit the audio from my television/cable box to my amp wifi/Bluetooth. Looking for a system for under $650. Would like decent subwoofer as well.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
On the subwoofer check out the NXG BAS 500. It's $240, and performs with anything up to $400-500 range

Could you clarify on the wireless audio, and what type of amp do you have? Speakers? Unless you have wireless speakers and If I understood you correctly there are ways to transmit it wireless but everything I've heard of is a significant decrease in quality. You need to run a cable between the two. Go to Monoprice and get 1 of there redmere HDMI cables. Out of over 10+ brands used it's the only I've found that actually has ARC so my laptop can connect to the AVR through the MHL connection. No others not even THX certified cables have been able to do that.

Monoprice will have any wireless products you need although I highly suggest not going that route if I understood you correctly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.