Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to replace my old HT setup to high end setup. I am considering either an Onkyo TX sr 706 or Denon AVR 2309 for the receiver.Speakers will all be paradigm. Front speakers Monitor 11....Center Adp 390....Surround CC390...Subwoofer Ultra cube 12 dsp series.

I would like to know if these set of equiptmnet will be considered as high end already for a home theater setup. will the speakers compatible with the receiver and what do I expect when listening to music and watching movies.

Kindly give some comments and advice.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
The Onkyo 706 would not be considered "high end" your only getting into high end receivers when you start getting into the $1000+ receivers but non the less it is a very capable unit. If you can squeeze a little more the Onkyo 805 is a much better receiver.
Again Paradigm makes good speakers but not what most would call "high end" for most systems the ones you list will do just fine . How large is your theater room?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for your comments and advice. Im very glad to be here asking question, now I am learning about HT. Ok I am going for onkyo 805. My theater room is 15x25 feet.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Thats a good sized room, the 805 is a good choice. Your speakers should do fine in that room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts