Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,319 Posts
According to wikipedia, pink noise that was generated actually is supposed to look exactly like my graph.
Not so. Pink noise drops 6 dB in level for each octave. That’s only 60 dB between 20-20 kHz, and your graph shows an 80 dB differential.

One person said that I should be using WHITE NOISE instead if i want a flat graph. Another post I read in my search said something about REW plotting transfer functions, and that is why pink noise doesnt show up flat.
Pink noise can indeed show up flat on a chart, if that’s what the speaker system is generating. No one uses white noise for system tuning that I’ve ever seen.

i just want to have an extremely basic idea of where the peaks and dips are without having to do it by ear.
You’ll never get an idea of where they are unless you use a graph with suitable vertical scaling.

I just need someone to validate this, my methodology, and perhaps give me an alternative way to do this. I'm not trying to get a super accurate lab-grade result
Personally I wouldn’t trust a signal from an app generated by a phone. Doesn’t your computer have an audio output?

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 1 of 1 Posts