Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my old kenwood 5.1 purchased back in 1999!!

Just received some fresh Klipsch equipment:
(2) RP-8000F
(1) R41M Surround Pair
(1) RP-404C
(1) SPL-120

Looking at receivers to compliment these...obviously I’m pretty out of the loop on the modern technology out there.
For my main use of these will be music, YouTube surfing music, and home theater the few times I can sit still long enough to watch a movie....

considering a DenonAVR-X4500H, seems overkill as I don’t think I will add to the system above but some of the features and power are sacrificed on lesser receivers?

I’m actually blown away how well the RP-8000F’s sound on my tired Kenwood VR-517 which I’m sure is no way up to the job of getting the best out of these. It also doesn’t have a pre-out for the sub so I’m getting a lil antsy wanting to hear the SPL-120 sing!!

thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The Denon you are thinking of is a great choice.The denon in question would only be overkill in conjunction with the amount of money you are looking at spending. It gets down to your budget. The 8000f mains would compliment the denon nicely. Denon,Yamaha,marantz are making some nice receivers at the moment.The x4500H would be a step in the right direction depending on your budget.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I do like sound quality of Denon AVR-X4300H, this receiver can create a truly high-end three-dimensional acoustic space.

·
Registered
3 Posts
willis7469, do you mean Denon 4400? How hard does it differ from AVR-X4300H ? I've taken the last one after reading this article ( over here: https://chooserator.com/best-av-receiver-under-1000 ), cause I've been choosing between Denon AVR-X4300H and Onkyo TX-NR686. Onkyo is also a great receiver, but my friend told me a lot of great things about Denon, that's why I've got it.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
willis7469, do you mean Denon 4400? How hard does it differ from AVR-X4300H ? I've taken the last one after reading this article ( over here: https://chooserator.com/best-av-receiver-under-1000 ), cause I've been choosing between Denon AVR-X4300H and Onkyo TX-NR686. Onkyo is also a great receiver, but my friend told me a lot of great things about Denon, that's why I've got it.
I can’t remember off hand but it seems like it was very minimal like an hdmi spec. If you google 4300 vs 4400 you should be able to find a chart. Sorry can’t look now.
Denon makes a great receiver. I use their sister brand Marantz and used an Onkyo in my main system before that. I also have Yamaha and pioneer in my home. I can elaborate later but in short I love my Marantz and Atmos.
I would recommend the denon over Onkyo as imo audyssey xt32 is a big upgrade over accueq.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts