Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The connection from the front panel came loose (I believe it was from my kid pounding on it when I fell asleep), none of the button were working, the TV was on a black screen and the remote was also not working. Anyway I opened up the TV, pulled out the board and pushed the the connection back in. I also cleaned out all the dust cause there was alot. The front panel is working now, so is the remote, which is weird because the sensor is soldered directly to the board.

I'll get to the point now, I seem to have created a new problem somehow. The color is now messed up it looks as though a magnet was held at the bottom of the screen. Almost half of the screen is discolored, what should be red is now blue, greens are red, and blues are green. It's in sort of a V shape on half of the screen (bottom). I have some TV knowledge, I've tried adjusting the gun but that did not help, the service menu did not seem like it will help either.

Maybe someone could give some things to try or check. Any ideas would be great.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Follow the service manual instructions for purity adjustment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spent all day trying to fix this with the TV on. I gave up, turned it off and went to bed. When I woke up it had fixed itself.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
You probably turned the set and created a magnetic disturbance in the CRT. The deguassing circuit only works when cold on most sets because it uses a thermistor. When you start it cold, it degausses the CRT. You never had a problem other than you shifted the magnetic field in the tube. Or you may have an intermittent connection in the degaussing circuit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts