Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all want to say thank you for all that work you guys put in to this, some of you should get a Nobel prize or something like that, because guy like me trying to save a few buck.
that being said I read thru the Black Widow threads and I don't understand most of the stuff due to my English is my second language ( more of the shortcuts you are using) .So I'm building a new pj screen new wall, drywall,kilz2 primer and I'm stuck on finish paint . Would some please tell me what kind of paint I need from Sherwin William . I need brand name finish (matt or flat) and color or tinted to bla bla color, and with or without the AAA.
I got a Mitsubishi HC1600 pj
Throw distance 18'
Screen size 138''
Viewing distance 16'
The room I'm setting up is dark like a cave
thanks a lot Gog bless

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
You would want to go with flat to be sure but some SW paints only come in matte. In that case matte would be fine. You would get it tinted to whatever shade of neutral gray you'd prefer. You can find tint codes here. :T

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet deal thanks a lot . I figured S W has the best paint ,But if you any better then that I got all the major stores around me (HD ,Menards, Lowes )
Thanks for the reply God Bless

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had Benjamin Moore color match the Sherwin Williams "Grey Screen" with the matte and have no complaints.

Used a 1/4" nap roller for the application and am very happy with the results.

sweet deal thanks a lot . I figured S W has the best paint ,But if you any better then that I got all the major stores around me (HD ,Menards, Lowes )
Thanks for the reply God Bless

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just picked up a gallon of duration interior latex matte gray screen.I spayed the prime, will spray paint tomorrow or Wednesday
Thanks again God bless

1 - 9 of 9 Posts