Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyy everyone. So currently in my room i have a pair of logitech z-4 hooked up to my pc to play music. There very good but am looking for more bass. I am thinking of getting Logitech z-2300. When i consulted my father he said you wont hear much difference. Is this true? And what are your thought on the speakers, is there different speakers you recommend?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I agree that you won't hear much difference other than it will play louder (200W vs 40W). I'd look into some serious amplification, hi-fi speakers and a serious subwoofer. You aren't going to get much of an improvement spending only $130. Start saving up.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Unfortunately, I have to agree. I assuming you're using the "sub" with the Z4s.
As for recommendations, there are tons of serious speakers out there, and some intermediate ones as well... if it's more bass you're after, you'll have to start by looking at subwoofers with larger drivers...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Heyy everyone. So currently in my room i have a pair of logitech z-4 hooked up to my pc to play music. There very good but am looking for more bass. I am thinking of getting Logitech z-2300. When i consulted my father he said you wont hear much difference. Is this true? And what are your thought on the speakers, is there different speakers you recommend?
They both list the same frequency response range (35Hz up). If the efficincy is the same then you should be talking about somewhere around a 7db increase in SPL.

120W on an 8" subwoofer should be pretty considerable for near-field listening. Do you know what frequencies you are after in particular? have you tried boosting them in EQ? If you are not running at top SPL now, you could simply augment the bass in the EQ.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Alright thanks guys. I think i have damaged the satellites by playing them to loudly so now i need a new system. Do any of you have any recommendations?
Im looking for 5.1 preferably

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
That's going to depend on what you want to use them for, the room setup, and the budget...

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Alright thanks guys. I think i have damaged the satellites by playing them to loudly so now i need a new system. Do any of you have any recommendations?
Im looking for 5.1 preferably
Well I think you should read both this post and this one before buying anything more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts