Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first time using REW with Win 10, was previously used with Win 7, but this time I'm getting some odd measurements and could be a setup issue.

I'm using the 3.5mm stereo headphone out to left and right RCA into the preamp. I'm using a Dayton UMM6 mic and I have the calibration file for the mic and created a calibration file for the soundcard from a loopback to the 3.5MM mic input from the headphone jack.

Maybe you will see something out of order but I'm at a loss, any help appreciated.

The consensus is at 1/6 smoothing, the graph should not be as jagged.

Room is 13x28, speakers on long wall, rear wall is 15" behind mic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Have you looked at your soundcard cal? I'd say monitoring was active in a big way when that was measured, it should look very flat at that scale. You need to ditch that and make sure you can get a correct loopback measurement that looks like the examples in the help to make sure monitoring is not still active. Things should start looking more sensible then.

Edit: If you are using a USB mic you shouldn't have a soundcard cal at all, in that case just remove it. You can get rid of it for existing measurements using the Change Cal button

Text Line Plot Font Design

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had to shove off to work, but I will try again tomorrow. I am using a USB mic so I will try without the file as well as look into the calibration.

Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That seemed to do the trick, removing the sound card cal file with the USB mic. Here's a before and after measurement.

The room is all 1/4" wood paneling for the walls so it seems to have a lot of reverb.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at those 2 measurements, the waterfall seems to be pretty solid out to 300ms, is that normal for a room like mine? Doesn't look to taper off much, also how can I accurately read the RT60 graph? What should the average time be for RT60?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts