Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone im new here and have a question about sub placement. Im pretty new in the way of high quality audio and how to achieve it but im trying to learn fast. Anyways heres a pic of my setup now, I was thinking of putting new subs on either side of the couch by the surrounds, as there is not enough room up front. Does that make sense to do? Right now i have a Klipsch sub10 that is pretty muddy and not very tight, im looking to improve on that greatly as i am 50/50 movies music so i dont need ultra low extension or huge huge SPL. Just something very clean and clear that will excel in music as well as movies. My budget is around 800 for the pair of subs, what do you think my best options are?

Thanks, Luke

EditSubPlacement.jpg

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Hi Luke, I added your pic to the post. Placing subs on either side of the couch works well when you are sitting in between them, I have a setup like that also. Your budget is healthy enough to accomplish what you're looking for, the question is what is the maximum size of box is acceptable to you?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. i think the biggest i could go would be 16x16x24. i've been eyeing up the Fi q10 or q12 with possibly a behringer ep2500 to drive them. (i dont know to much about amps so im looking for recommandations here) also considdering the soundsplinter RL PL12 or RL i10 and the Oaudio 500w Bash amp. Hope to hear some more feedback, and sound differences between the above.

Luke

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
The net volume of the box will be about 2.5 cu.ft. I'd suggest a pair of Shiva-X's each powered by a 0-Audio 500 watt amp. The amps have the appropriate high pass filter and boost for sealed subs. You could also use a EP2500 to power both subs and use a add on high pass filter, the cost would be about the same. The Shiva-X's are on sale at the moment for $149. You won't find a better 12" sub for the price.

Shiva-X.JPG

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks thats looking pretty good, as far as the sh-x vs the fi or soundsplinter they about the same quailty woofer? Amazing price if it is. anyone had experience one vs the other?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts