Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas! Thought it would be good to share what new acquisitions in home theater gear Christmas brought myself (and any others who'd like to share).
For myself, I sold 2 15" subwoofers and am adding 2 (one at a time) Mariana Deep Sea Sound 24 subwoofers. These are monster subs, with 24" drivers and 4K watt amps and will go down with authority to the single digits. Have to wait a few weeks to get the first one, but I plan to report my impressions at that time. Hope others have new gear acquisitions to share.

Sent from my iPhone using HTShack

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Congrats. Personally I think dual 15s and dual 24s are essential :)

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
I received a Inuke 6000. So now I can power the two new 18's I acquired bringing me up to 4. Woo hoo. Just have to build me some boxes.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received a Inuke 6000. So now I can power the two new 18's I acquired bringing me up to 4. Woo hoo. Just have to build me some boxes.
The results should be awesome! Please post results when you have it all together.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went ahead and picked up a Crown XLS-1502 today from the local Guitar Center. I figured the family was exchanging and spending so I walked the dogs and headed out. It took me about 10 minutes to hook it up and my first listen with 2 channel audio was surprising. I immediately noticed a ton of "headroom" effortless attack and nice sustain. The amp is no joke and after reading a ton about it in home audio/theater applications, I thought I'd try it. I have 28 days to decide but as of right now, with very little to no break in, I'm happy.
I hope everyone had a great few days...I like when the weekend extends the Holidays. :T

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went ahead and picked up a Crown XLS-1502 today from the local Guitar Center. I figured the family was exchanging and spending so I walked the dogs and headed out. It took me about 10 minutes to hook it up and my first listen with 2 channel audio was surprising. I immediately noticed a ton of "headroom" effortless attack and nice sustain. The amp is no joke and after reading a ton about it in home audio/theater applications, I thought I'd try it. I have 28 days to decide but as of right now, with very little to no break in, I'm happy. I hope everyone had a great few days...I like when the weekend extends the Holidays. :T
Cool! Word is getting out about the tremendous value Crown amps are. A solid acquisition for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts