Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok I'm back like a bad habit you can't get rid of. ok so here goes nothing. after finding the root of my problems was a wrong eq setting back with new results for all of your inspections and comments bad and good all are welcome. I can't seem to blend the mains with the sub crossover points dip and I can't seem to figure out how to fix it I've tried different crossover setting on the sub and avr and tried different distance setting and different phases on the sub still can't fix the problem. maybe it's not a problem at all.
the sub is a velodyne dls500r and the mains are Klipsch KSF 10.5's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Your soundcard calibration is wrong, it should be a smooth line (perhaps with some slight ripple at the highest frequencies), yours has major disturbances that would suggest either some kind of feedback was happening (e.g. a monitor mode active) or the soundcard measurement went wrong somehow. You need to get that right before you can get sensible measurements (e.g. the peak just above 70Hz is from your incorrect soundcard cal, not your system).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for pointing that out to me. I never used this laptop before to do this it was on a regular pc and new sound card before. I will either try and recalibrate the laptop or switch it out with a different computer and rerun the tests again. Thanks again for the hint makes more sense now since I didn't remember having this hard a time last time I did it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts