Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally get great advice on this forum so just wondering if anyone has tried these and can offer some advice on which will be a better option.
I would think the Velodyne will have higher quality parts although its rated to not play as low as the Dayton.
This is for a small room like 9.5' x 10.5' and this will be used only for music as this is my computer/music room with my monitors being currently the Ascend 170SE.

Thanks

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,283 Posts
I owned an Impact 12 years ago. It wasn't a bad subwoofer, but it certainly wasn't one of Velodyne's better units either. The SUB-1200 is a very good budget unit, but in the end it's still a budget unit. The only reason I bring all that up is because you have some pretty nice speakers, so you might regret getting a subwoofer that doesn't match them in the SQ department.

Given what I assume to be a budget in the $150 range, another potential option worth considering is the Jamo J-12. I haven't heard it myself, but from what I understand it's pretty solid. And it's on sale for a very appealing price.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts