Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks. I'm not sure where or what the context was when I read about the driver, maybe it was a setting in REW when using the UMM-6.

BTW, is there a guide (not the REW Help) or post/thread with a few tips for setting up the UMM-6 in REW? I haven't found much.

Thanks!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi. Well, I haven't found a guide for setting up the UMM-6 specifically, if that's what you mean. I actually don't have it yet. I was looking at that, or the UMIK-1. I'm leaning towards the UMM-6 for below 20Hz data, even though my sub only goes a hair below.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Member AustinJerry over at AVS has created a very useful guide for setting up REW in Windows with the new USB mics as well as an HDMI connection. It can be found here

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Looks like a world takeover.:bigsmile: Curious about your plans and intentions...
My intention of course... is to take over the world!

I will be selling calibrated (well, calibrated by me) UMIK-1 mics. miniDSP has graciously extended volume pricing to me, but I can only get whatever they can spare, so quantities will be limited.

Pricing TBD - it will be higher than what miniDSP charges, but I don't know how much higher yet, but I expect pricing to be in line with UMM-6 pricing. In lieu of an HTS discount, I'd like to maybe try some sort of commission to the Shack, but I have to talk to with Sonnie first. As for when I will get around to doing all of this... I don't know. Right now we are completely overwhelmed, in fact I've temporarily suspended all mic sales to give us a chance to catch up with the back orders. It won't happen this week for sure.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My intention of course... is to take over the world!

I will be selling calibrated (well, calibrated by me) UMIK-1 mics. miniDSP has graciously extended volume pricing to me, but I can only get whatever they can spare, so quantities will be limited.

Pricing TBD - it will be higher than what miniDSP charges, but I don't know how much higher yet, but I expect pricing to be in line with UMM-6 pricing. In lieu of an HTS discount, I'd like to maybe try some sort of commission to the Shack, but I have to talk to with Sonnie first. As for when I will get around to doing all of this... I don't know. Right now we are completely overwhelmed, in fact I've temporarily suspended all mic sales to give us a chance to catch up with the back orders. It won't happen this week for sure.
That sounds great, looking forward to UMIK-1 availability through you!

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
FYI as of right now, I am no longer selling UMM-6 mics to overseas customers (they will still be available to US customers). I had hoped with the most recent batch Dayton had overcome the problem with the barrel breaking off, but one just snapped off in my hand as I was trying to calibrate it. Every time I have to send a replacement overseas I take a hit with the mic plus the shipping and I'm not willing to do that anymore. The hit isn't as bad for domestics mics so I'll still keep selling them to US addresses.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It looks like part express has the Dayton Audio UMM6 on sale for $70 plus shipping. Is this a good price to pick it up at? Or is the cross spectrum calibrated miniDSP UMIK-1 a better buy for ~$30 more?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
It looks like part express has the Dayton Audio UMM6 on sale for $70 plus shipping. Is this a good price to pick it up at?
I would personally purchase from Cross - Spectrum because of the calibration, nothing against Parts Express, just that there calibration has doubt out there.

Or is the cross spectrum calibrated miniDSP UMIK-1 a better buy for ~$30 more?
Cross - Spectrum has the UMM-6 as well (last i heard) i would email Herb and discuss with him.

But i think either would be fine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just placed an order for a calibrated Dayton UMM-6. Finally going to retire the RS Analog SPL meter. (Or let the kids use it as a ray-gun)

Going the REW route but a new user so much learning curve ahead and plenty to read up about.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Just placed an order for a calibrated Dayton UMM-6. Finally going to retire the RS Analog SPL meter. (Or let the kids use it as a ray-gun)

Going the REW route but a new user so much learning curve ahead and plenty to read up about.
Good on you getting a calibrated mic good start, you are getting it from Cross - Spectrum.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts