Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what up peps.....how yall?....im here to hopefully find enough free info so i can fix my tv(S)...i have an rca d52w23 CH# itc222.... every 3-4 days...after straghting up the blues and reds(and storing)...they go back out of wack.... the picture is slightly bowed at top and bottom..but that doesent bother me as bad as the convg. messing up...im getting tired of going into serv,menu every 3-4 days to "fix" this...cuz it dosent keep what i store.... my d52w20 has a picture problem where 4ins from the top and bottom ....the pic looks compressed..but fills the screen....convg. in serv. menu.... the grid it NOT straight at all............HELP ME PLZ!!!!!!!!!! lol.........

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
CRT RPTV's really require constant maintenance and with the plummeting of HDTV's prices, with this set, the juice might not be worth the squeeze. Now if it was a Pioneer Elite CRT RPTV, I would think it would be worth the cost of having it repaired.

Mitsubishi makes really cheap DLP RPTV's which are tiny compared to your RCA and are available for under 1 thousand Dollars if you look around. No more having to deal with convergence of the 3 tubes, etc. The only negative is the replacement of the bulbs.

If there is a shop that specializes in CRT RPTV's in your area, it might be worth having a repairman come out. But the costs are high.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
311 Posts
I agree with Jack, it could be time for an upgrade! Surf the forums and do some research on some newer models. There is a wealth of knowledge here!

Welcome to the shack!

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello, Welcome aboard!

Post your questions here in the appropriate section for each TV and someone will help you out.

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Hello,
CRT RPTV's really require constant maintenance and with the plummeting of HDTV's prices, with this set, the juice might not be worth the squeeze. Now if it was a Pioneer Elite CRT RPTV, I would think it would be worth the cost of having it repaired.

Mitsubishi makes really cheap DLP RPTV's which are tiny compared to your RCA and are available for under 1 thousand Dollars if you look around. No more having to deal with convergence of the 3 tubes, etc. The only negative is the replacement of the bulbs.

If there is a shop that specializes in CRT RPTV's in your area, it might be worth having a repairman come out. But the costs are high.
Cheers,
JJ
This is likely a common bad solder connection and is not very costly at all, particularly if he does it himself like he said he wanted.

Wlcome to Home Theater Shack, point. Like Mike said, post the info in a new thread in the RCA forum and we will point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
This is likely a common bad solder connection and is not very costly at all, particularly if he does it himself like he said he wanted.

Wlcome to Home Theater Shack, point. Like Mike said, post the info in a new thread in the RCA forum and we will point you in the right direction.
My bad. I did not realize he was planning to physically fix it beyond going into the service menu. Might need to brush up on my reading comprehension skills.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Welcome to the Shack, PointedSpider!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts