Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an Empire last week and tried running REW on it for the first time today. This is the first time I've used REW, other than experimenting with my BIC H100 a few weeks ago. I've followed the guide and think I've done everything correctly but not positive. Does this look like a reasonable result I might get?

Wondering if I should try a BFD...does anyone think I'd hear a noticeable improvement using one? My receiver only has 2EQ so only sets the distance for the sub.

Also tried running the Empire and H100 together to see what the response would look like...it seems to have helped flatten some areas out but not sure I'd want to run them together permanently. Here's that graph...

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not sure why the graphs didn't appear...they did when I previewed it. Hopefully these attachments work.

First graph with green plot is just the Epik;

next graph with blue plot is the Epik and BIC together.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Not sure why noone's responded to you yet...
Generally it's inadvisable to mix different subs unless you separate the ranges they operate in.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Looks like you have a null when running the Empire by itself at the 25hz range, what's you're crossover at and did you try playing with the phase settings?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts