Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I don't have much expertise in this area, so I probably wont be able to contribute much info here, but I might post a question or two. I only recently discovered REW and found this forum when serching for a calibration file for a Radio Shack SPL meter. After joining, I was able to download a calibration file for the bass frequencies, but was a little disappointed that it didn't include the upper frequencies where I've been led to beleive the Radio Shack SPL also suffers.
Actually this all began because I was disappointed in the performance of a sound system set up in my smallish bedroom and suspected that room acoustics might be more to blame than my speakers. I found REW when seaching for test tones I could download and, at first, had a little trouble getting REW to work on my Toshiba Lap Top (too much gain from the mic input), but eventually figured out how to reduce the mic input gain and it seems to be working OK now.
I have zero experience with acoustic panels, but after a little research, I ordered some stuff from Foam Factory. I installed bass traps in both upper front corners and also some panels on the side walls, but have yet to install any on the ceiling. However, it seems to have made a significant improvement allready. I should have done this kind of treatment ages ago.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts