Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am new here and new to posting and forums in general. My hopes here, with your help are two things. I have read a lot about REW and hope to use it in setting up a 2 channel listening space. Second I'd like to build speakers and use REW to test and tweak the end products. I frequent yard sales and thrift stores and have many speakers that need testing, repair, and new improved crossovers. I think you all can help with the testing part. On the listening part. Have read many posts on other sites this place keeps coming up. REW seems to be a very powerful tool for setting up a room. I would like to get the mos out of my space and learn how to fix my problems. On a side note I am also in the process of transcribing my tapes and LP's to digital. I am using Audacity and a Tascam US-366 to do this. I think this sound card should work for room measurements after I get a microphone.
Thanks for your time, Bob........................

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Hello Bob and welcome to the forum. :wave:

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
Welcome to the SHACK... Glad you joined.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack, Bob. We are happy you chose to join us! :clap:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Audacity is great. I used an old version that ran on an old laptop that I ran as my recorder using a usb capture device. Just about done. Long process, but I kept some LPs. Tapes are gone,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OPPS! I should proof read a little better. Its always bad to spill (spell) the wrong word right. Thanks for the warm welcome. Later, Bob......

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Welcome to Home Theater Shack!

If you're a Facebook user, click on the Facebook at the top of the page and "Like" our Facebook Page. Our feed is full of interesting links, photos, and news.:T

1 - 12 of 12 Posts