Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I read about this site while learning about the REW software, and it seems like a great place to learn and exchange ideas and knowledge regarding audio setups, room treatment and home A/V electronics in general.

My main interest is in producing and critical listening of music (and instruments), I have been producing music for myself and others in studios and a modest home setup for some years. I also play keyboards, drums and bass guitar, as well as the occasional vocal excursions. :)

I am currently in the lucky situation that I am finished building our new home, and will be spending the next months constructing a "less modest" production and listening environment in the basement. As such, I hope to be able to get some advice and pointers from some good people on the Internet on how to get past some challenges I am facing, as well as making some new friends in the process.

I'll start with describing what I am trying to accomplish with the room in the correct section of the forum, so I hope you check out my thread and see if you can advice on some of the things I am unsure about.

Best regards,

John Magnus

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello John and welcome to the forum.:wave:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Welcome John to the Home Theater Shack. REW is a great tool. The REW forums are a wealth of information and a great place to ask any questions you may have. I think your knowledge and experience in music and production may help others here too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, lots of swift responses!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

As per your instructions:

Hjones; I have hugged my pets (Two Border Collies and one Cat) :)

ALMFamily; Newsletter subscription: Check. :)

Wardsweb and the rest; I will be spending some time here, since I already have responses regarding my own project flowing in, I will attempt to share my thoughts around the forum if I see threads where I can contribute.

As a side note, my regular day job as a System Administrator/Problem Manager in IT keeps me pretty up-to-date when it comes to IT, so if anyone needs that sort of help, feel free to drop me a message.

Best regards,
John Magnus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts