Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.Just figured I'd show some of the stuff I've built.I am building a stereo/home theater in what I call the poolhouse so far got mains and subs.I used Bill Fitzmaurice design TLAH for mains they have 5.25" Vifa's and piezo's and 2- Tuba 36's horn loaded subs with 12" Shiva's in each.Sound clarity is absolutely amazing.I run a nad for the mains(2x250 8ohms) and plate amps for the subs(300 watts each).The bass actually shakes the house.
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1285044&pid=10131850&myphotos=1
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1285044&pid=10131852&myphotos=1
http://www.frappr.com/?a=viewphoto&id=1285044&pid=10131874&myphotos=1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shiva-X,Sorry only have radio shack spl meter right now.I just went out and tryed for you and knocked more rocks off fireplace.both tuba's-20 hertz sine wave each plate amp at 28 volts (a little under 200 watts)and it max's out.With cabin gain and corner loading its over 126 that meter reads.They still won't blow up.I have another set of tuba's I compare with that are loaded with dual 15's for prosound that are better above 60hz but these smoke them under that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok give me a minute a buddy came over and were going to mess around with it now.check back in 30 minutes

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it, going right now he has car audio spl setup so not perfect but decent and we got some messing around to make mic stand

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That was the funniest thing I think I've ever done.Shut all doors room is 25.5x25.5'.Mic was 3 feet from boxes and 3 feet high.Had mic duck taped to saxaphone cd rack which fell over 3 times so we put concrete block on the bottom.I feel like I'm from hillbilly land.I think glass window on the fireplace added 10db.We were in tears as my wife came running out thinking it was thunder.Well this is what we got..
at 1 watt per amp
20hz - 96.8,
30hz - 100.7,
40hz - 103.3,
50hz - 106.7,
60hz - 105.9,
70hz - 106.6,
80hz - 107.0,
90hz - 106.8,
100hz- 106.3
Obviously they are tested in room as they are bolted on top of each other and to studs in the wall.We then just cranked both 300 watt bash digital plate amps to max and got 133.9 at 80 hz and 124.6 at 20hz and that's when the fun started.My fireplace glass door was rattling so bad and the fire rocks were dancing.i was on the ground in tears.Hey its all in fun isn't that why we do it?Old pic shows 1 the other is now on top.Together the total is 2' wide by 6' tall.See ya for now going to play some more.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's beautiful.Almost matches my mains...mmm.I thought about using TT but had room using cutouts for Tuba36's.What drivers in there?and how does it sound?NICE WORK

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. It's powered by a bash 300, with the tang band WP 8". I don't suppose I put over 25 or 30watts into it, never measured to see. War of the Worlds when the tripods erupt is scary. :raped:

I don't have the recommended software used here, but I'll see what I can do with my deq and the rta software I'm running. I just let the receiver set it up with it's built in dsp. It crossed over @ 100, 6db down from the mains. (Love corner loading :yes:)My room fits the golden rule dead on, so I don't have much in the way of room modes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am impressed by the built in table tuba, where can I find more informationon this?, I have rudimentary wooworking skills.

gychang

1 - 20 of 32 Posts