Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm a real computer user, (OK I'm a geek), but have a keen interest in home theatre, I find nothing more pleasurable to sit back and relax and watch a cool movie with a great HT experience.
I'm also a singer, guitarist and sound engineer so I understand music and sound reinforcement, I hope to learn more about Home Theatre from becoming a member, I hope other memebers can share with me and vice versa.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hi willij and welcome to the Shack!

Are not we all geeks of some sort or another... you should fit right in... :T

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi to another Aussie and welcome to the Shack..

Everything that you ever wanted to know (about home theatre) you can learn here...
Thanks for the welcome, and I did notice a few Aussies posting as well, probably one reason I was interested in joining.

Cheers
James (willij)

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Willij, welcome! We are here to help. You will find helpful and knowledgeable people on this site. Ask away, and have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
BFD is the Barringher Feedback Destroyer, a professional device that can be used as a parametric equalizer and can be set with a midi connection to your computer using the REW a free download that is a great program to analyze and set your speaker system in your room. Go to the home page of this forum - you can either read about it or download it. The help files in the program itself are great. With a little practice and a Radio Shack Sound Pressure Level Meter, you can graph your systems frequency response in your room and have it adjust the BFD to level our your bass. Have Fun, Dennis

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome. I am a HT Geek that wishes he was a computer geek. Please post as much as you can. That is how this forum becomes useful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts