Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved into a new house with in-wall speakers. I'm having a weird problem where I can only get sound out of 2 of the 4 wall speakers at one time - and only if all 4 speakers are plugged into the receiver.

If just the 2 rear speakers are plugged in, they don't work.
If just the 2 front speakers are plugged in, they don't work.
If the 2 rear speakers and the 2 front speakers are plugged in to the correct places, the 2 rear speakers work.
If the 2 front speakers are plugged into the rear slots with the 2 rear speakers plugged into the front slots, the front speakers work.

On top of that, I know it's not a problem with the front L and R plugs, as I plugged another set of speakers into the front L and R slots and they worked just fine.

So, to summarize, I can get sound out of 2 wall speakers and 2 random satellite speakers, but only if all 4 wall speakers are plugged in (I can accomplish this by plugging the 2 front wall speakers that don't work into the leftover 7.1 slots - I'm only going for 5.1).

Has anyone ever encountered this? Am I doing something wrong? Clearly, all the speakers work and all the receiver slots work. Receiver is Sony STR-DG720. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts