Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Well it was $65 for brokerage, $54 for duty and $110 for taxes. Not too bad at all. I swapped the drivers tonight and put them through their paces. They really do eat up my ep2500's lol I'm getting an average of 2 db's less at same volume but I can turn them up quite a bit higher that the mach 5's could. So after givin' them the business, I'm looking at 4 db's more @ 20hz than the mach 5's were giving me. I'm very happy. I'll take pics tomorrow :)

Now I can't wait to get the mach 5's into some 4 cube boxes and let the BASSment loose on the neighborhood.
Four dB more @ 20Hz.... that should be about right.

Take some pics!

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Room treatments will be after xmas (hopefully sooner) and funny thing you should say coffee table sub because thats a very good possibility to put the mach 5's in.

So with the Mal's I was making some sweeps and right now I can get 126-127db'[email protected] 20hz before I chicken out and turn it down lol. Man I can't wait to get the mach 5's in the mix and really off the new neighbors :)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Room treatments will be after xmas (hopefully sooner) and funny thing you should say coffee table sub because thats a very good possibility to put the mach 5's in.

So with the Mal's I was making some sweeps and right now I can get 126-127db'[email protected] 20hz before I chicken out and turn it down lol. Man I can't wait to get the mach 5's in the mix and really off the new neighbors :)
I'm a smart cookie! :sn:

I'm interested to see what my Mal-X 21" can do. I'm almost done. But I have a feeling that mid 120s would give me pause as well. I'm not sure I'll hit that sealed though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well this is the way the setup ended up. I tried out a bunch of different ways but in the end it just sounded best this way. The setup is 100% movies and videogames. I don't listen to music on it much , if at all on it. The 360 is only there until my order from monoprice comes in with my longer cat5. The mal-x's are very nice but the room really sucks out the 40-50 hz range. I'm guessing it's the drop celing of the basement. O well I guess if the other 2 18's don't make me happy, it's off to a couple 21" lol

·
Registered
487 Posts
That is SUPER impressive. Well done mate. Those ported M-X's must have all the output you would ever need ?????

·
Registered
511 Posts
Hey G, maybe I missed it, but what did you coat your boxes with? I'm still looking to "finish" my 21" and I've not decided what to go with. Right now, it's just got a table cloth thrown over it...since it's pretty much the same size as a small table. LOL

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I used gator guard 2 that I got free from one of my suppliers at work. I would not reccomend using it, it's impossible to clean and has turned out to be a pain in the butt.
On my next 2 sealed boxes that the IXL's are going in, I'm getting them line-x'd like I should have done with these. It will be aboout $150 a box of this size.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts