Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My name is Dru from NJ. I recently got my preliminary home theater set up going and the screen is up and running. I'm glad I came across this forum as it will definitely help in the future finishing of the HT.

Initially, this is what I'm using as of right now but the system will be updated as time goes on and if the financial side permits :D:

140" x 79" 16:9 Screen made from Blackout cloth.
Optoma HD65
Smasung BDP-1500 (HTPC in the future)
5.0 PSB Image Series Setup (Image 4T, 8C, & 1B)
Marantz SR84000 Receiver
Self-built sub (2x2x2 stained Maple with heavy bracing inside) Driver is a Ascendant Atlas 12" and powered by a PartsExpress 250w plate amp.

I have a ICBM readily available for bass management but I can also pickup a DSP1124P for $50 to start a BFD setup. I started a thread here so any help is def. appreciated.

The basement room is approx. 28' L x 14.5' W x 8.5' H with a solid ceiling. The room is not enclosed and the attached hallway leads to other rooms into the basement.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Shack Dru,

Enjoy your stay with us.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Dru. Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would love to share my pics but the room is very "raw" in terms of finishing. Wires are all exposed, walls are still not dark, holes needs covering, bass traps need to be made to cover those holes, blah blah...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts