1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hopefully somebody helps me with this problem :),
I have one Samsung HLP5085W, with the same problem:
No picture but sound works.
I replaced the bulb and still does not work. I checked all the connections: color wheel, ballast and switch door and everything looks great except that there is a crack in the square glass cover in front of the color wheel. I just want to know, which is the wrong piece the ballast (I measured the voltage and the result it's about 320 volts) or the color wheel?
Note. I followed the sound test to discovered the problem and apparently the error is on the step number 3 (1] Fans Start 2] Tone Up 3] Color Wheel Starts 4] Lamp Lights 5] You get picture and sound) And I do not hear the Color Wheel spinning up, if the color wheel does not spin the ballast does not fire? I manually checked the color wheel and it freely spins, all the crystals are in good shape.
I really appreciate any help to buy the correct piece.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
It has been a few years since trying to troubleshoot a Samsung DLP so please bear with me. The Color Wheel has always tended to be the achilles heel of DLP's That is not to say it could not be a board of course.
The no picture but sound did happen with a friend's DLP Samsung a few years back and it turned out to be the lamp not being properly seated.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
If you have lamp operating, no picture is usually either a bad digital board or a bad DMD board or chip. I would be looking for signal on the DVI cable from the digital board to the DMD board.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thank you very much for your help, the problem was the sensor of the color wheel. Thank you. Fixed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts