Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm a new member here and i'm going to use RoomEQ wizard together with a Behringer ECM8000 microphone and an EMI 6|2 soundboard (usb 2.0), but i just need to get the RT60 of my room without setting EQ to compensate etc. etc...

I've just downloaded and read the REW HELP but i've seen that in the "getting started" they always refer to EQ, processors etc... but how should be the wiring for me? And also do i need to calibrate my soundboard, spl, etc... ?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Hopefully, you have read REW Cabling Basics and the REW HELP files.

We can certainly help with any specific questions you may have.

RT60 results are generally considered not too meaningful in domestic sized rooms and not to be used at all below about 200Hz, and even then are only meaningful when running a main speaker with the sub. For low frequencies use the waterfall and decay plots to see what the room is doing.

brucek

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
There are endless debates on the internet regarding the value of RT60 in the 'small room'. You can google RT60 and small rooms to see what the story is all about.

Here's just one small sampling of strong opinions that you'll find.......... fill your boots :)

brucek

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just tried to install the REW in my MAC to use it with its soundboard but when i start it i get an error:

AUDIO INTERFACE ERROR
No Input Mixers Available
supporting PCM_SIGNED 48000.0 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, little endian

However it seems that i solved this problem just choosing the soundboard onboard, but i think there is another problem. If i play with the tone generator playing a sine wave it sound more like a square one, and the pink noise i feel is very dirty... don't know what's the problem but with my pc there wasn't that problem.

And if i use another software like SMAARTLIVE on this mac it works well with sweeps, sine leads etc...

Do you know what could it be ?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Sounds like the incorrect version of OS. If you're using version 10.4 you'll need to switch to OS version 10.5

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
No, there is just one version of REW.

There's a problem with Java accessing the inputs of the soundcard with version 10.4

You require 10.5 for REW

brucek

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok, thanks for now
i'll take some time to understand what i have to do now :scratchhead:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts