Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like many others here seemed to have found HTS, because of the frequency response software. I have worked in the industry for about two-and-a-half years now. It started as a hobby and has now turned into a living. I was lucky enough to get hired into a small HIFI shop with extremely little knowledge. I spent about seven months there, mostly just learning. I spent countless hours every day reading and practicing integration and systems design. I didn't see too much of a future at the company and it was interfering with my formal education so I decided to go and work at Best Buy. I know there are many people who don't like Best Buy, but there are also many good things to say for this company. I began working as a Sales Pro in a Magnolia store about a year and a half ago. Since then I have promoted twice and now work as a "Home Entertainment Advisor".

Essentially, I work from home, but I go out to customers’ homes and design a workable solution for their electronics needs. I am extremely satisfied with the job thus far as it gives me an incredible ability to face with large numbers of customers who are ready to buy in the Dallas, Ft. Worth and Oklahoma areas. The sales range from your run of the mill 5-6k dollar jobs all the way up to 60k.

I am to the point now where I feel like there is little more I can learn about the gear own its own. You can only read the manuals and buy, sell, hookup and experiment with equipment so many times before you have it down.

So why am I here?
I am here to learn more on the theory, the nitty-gritty and anything else I can be taught. I have a basic understanding of acoustics, first reflection treatments ect. ect., but I thirst for more. I want to go beyond the scope of ISF calibrations and the auto-eq systems of a receiver.

The Future
I would like to learn so that I can provide a better service to the customer's I deal with and feed my insatiable appetite for knowledge. I know that most of the customers I help at bestbuy aren't going to be concerned with room acoustics and the like, but perhaps I through further understand I can provide a better service to even those looking for your basic 5.1!

I am in school right now, can't wait to be done. I'm a business major (Supply Chain Management) have a year and change left to go. If I could go back and do it again, I would have gone into physics as I seem to be spending my time reading physics books in my quest to better understand A/V. When I am done, I want nothing more than to continue working within this industry in some capacity or another!

Living Room Serving As Theater

My Wife Was Kind Enough To Let Me Knock Out A Linen Closet

And The Side Wall Of The Guest Bedroom Closet For Wire Management And Installation

Living Room

This Office Is Where The Magic Happens (Home Theater Design Of Corse)

Master Bedroom

My Wonderful And Caring Wife Who Pretends To Be Interested In All Of This And Who I am Very Proud Of Because She Knows What All Of The Jargon Means

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Welcome to the Shack Britton, Nice clean setup you have there!

Enjoy your stay.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome Britton. Wow! what great setups. Thanks, for joining. Have fun, Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts