Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just registered today, my name is Jeff and I live in South Portland, Maine. I've been a home theater nut for years, started out with my first stereo VCR and Pro-Logic receiver in the early '90s, then about 10 years ago while in law school (don't hold the fact that I'm a lawyer against me- I work in real estate) I got my first DVD player long before most people even knew what it was. For that matter, you couldn't even rent DVDs from the local video stores. I bought 4 or 5 movies and smiled as I predicted that everyone would have DVD within a few years. The Toshiba DVD was matched with a 52" RPTV and an early Dolby Digital receiver, didn't even have built-in DTS. Needless to say, it made for the envy of all my friends. My gear has gone through several different upgrades/changes since then. Anyway, my current project involves a from-the-ground up theater room I'm building in our unfinished attic. Originally my wife had the attic tabbed as a future workout room, but fortunately she was willing to go along with the home theater idea. I've been at it for almost a year, with a significant interruption from January through about August as our first child was born in late January. In the past 6 weeks or so I've been working hard at it again. Construction is nearing completion (framing, wiring, insulating is done, now working on drywall) so I've been researching and shopping for all the goodies I'll fill the room with. I discovered this forum while researching the BFD and Room EQ software, which I fully intend to utilize. I'll be running dual stacked DIY Dayton subs and expect to have some rocky frequency response curves as the room is 22 x 15 at floor level, with 5 foot vertical kneewalls then pitched walls (roofline) to the 9 foot ceiling. To make matters more interesting, there's a big 4 x 10 hole in the floor from the middle of the room back to the front wall where the stairs come up from the 2nd floor. 3 foot half-walls line either side of the stair-hole. Needless to say, the BFD and Room EQ will serve me well! Anyway, happy to be a member of the forum and look forward to reading further.
Jeff

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hi Jeff and welcome to the Shack!

Maybe we can look forward to some pictures and good ole construction thread... :T

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have you settled down and want an ISF calibration? I am one of three in Maine but one that does not travel the world and is available...Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts