Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to all,

I'm 42 and married w/ 2 teenage boys.

I got into HT; video and audio, back in 2005 with the purchase of my 1st HTiB a Curtis DVD player w/ 5.1 SS (hey it was cheep). The DVD play back was horrible and the audio wasn't much better. The Curtis HTiB was hooked up to my 1990 26" JVC analog CRT.

Since then I have been on a quest for better, much better Video and Audio. The 1st thing I did was got rid of the HTiB DVD player (kept the speakers) and hooked up my Xbox for Video play back and was able to play games too. Those speakers got connected to a Pioneer VSX-816k SS receiver (2006), had to aquire a new sub because the HTiB sub was passive. A friend has a 40w powered sub he sold me for 20 bucks. Next on the list was to replace my old analog CRT TV. I wasn't ready to buy into the LCD or Plasma tech, so went w/ a 27" JVC DTV (2006). Never knew what we had been missing until after the 1st scan, digital OTA was/is like watching cable. In early 2007 I wanted HDTV w/ a bigger screen, still not buying into LCD or Plasma tech I bought a Sony KD-34XBR970 and a Xbox 360. PBS HD looked so sweet but had trouble holding the OTA signal w/ my indoor antenna (constant signal dropouts). Went on the internet for info and found a site that talked about building your own antenna. My cost $1.20 and is working great.

So now I'm looking to improve/replace those wimmpy HTiB speakers. What I found is the SBS-01 5.1 system for under 1k + shipping, or I can drive 3 hrs to pick up and save over $100.oo on the shipping and get a tour of the SVS showroom to boot. I found this forum site while at SVSound researching the speakers.

Here are a few pictures of my gear;

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Hello hyghwayman and welcome to the Shack!

I can drive 3 hrs to pick up and save over $100.oo on the shipping and get a tour of the SVS showroom to boot.
I'd be on my way. Take your camera and snap some pics for us. You can give us the lowdown in the SVSound forum here at the Shack. :T

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike and Sonnie,

I'm so ready to enjoy the sound better speakers will give me:hsd:. My wife still thinks I've lost my mind by wanting to spend upwards of a grand on speakers but I know the outcome will prove differently. I have done a lot of research into the pursuit of quality speakers at an affordable price, with the SBS-01 package I truely believe I have found just that.

Pictures will be posted as soon as I get home and have my speakers installed. I'll take as many as I can while at the SVSound showroom, while unpacking and during the insall.

hyghwayman

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Hi ya Don, Welcome to the Shack.
Only a grand,... kinda makes ya wonder what she'd think of the rest of us nuts :bigsmile:
I think you'll be very please with the SVS speakers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts