Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people I'm an old (66) school speaker builder who's been hoping for an alternate to the excellent DIY Audio forum and I think I've found it. I was a one man car audio and custom speaker shop in the 80's who needed to get some real paying work so into high end finish carpentry I went. Now we're retired and I can get back to music and the gear that serves it. Yay!

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Hello and glad to have you with us. Hope to see you soon in the DIY threads.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
You mean to tell me you were installing 8-track tape players? Oh wait... cassette decks were out in the late 70's and CD players in the early 80's. :huh:

Welcome home!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was the guy fitting TL subs wherever I could. Of course the drivers available now would have made me famous but who needs that anymore? My favorite box went into a Porsche 356, in place of the rear seat back cushion, using two Peerless 6.5's. They would have had the standard euro x-max of 3 mm, so nothing seismic. I had fun.

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. Don't feel bad, I grew up watching gas tv's! Have fun. Dennis

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Glad you could join us, phivates!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Welcome to The Shack! DIY is a big part of our community as well, so you'll fit right in here. Carpentry, huh? Have you made any masterpiece speakers that you can show us pictures of???

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The masterpiece went into the dump when I was convinced the next one would be so very much better. And smaller. And it wasn't a masterpiece. I'm just a human who loves music. Fortunately we have these forums to demonstrate plainly that none of us is (are?) alone. My big news is that I will have the use of my retired wife's laptop to download REW onto and then ???
Yes I am PC phobic. Should I go away?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Definitely not! You're overcoming your PC-phobia by coming here regularly! :) Also you are absolutely correct, you are not alone!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Said laptop is a macbook pro. I'm excited, though I'll miss my old seat o the pants guesswork. Is REW good at t/s measurement?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts